P: (416) 901.3077
F: (416) 901.3079
E: info@springboardclinic.com

Suite 301, 1055 Yonge St.
Toronto, ON, M4W 2L2
Home Our Team Assessment Treatment Testimonials Events / Groups Blog
News and Tips for Thriving with ADHD

Information about the Bursary for Students with Disabilities

May 29th, 2012 by Springboard Clinic

College and University students take note: if you’re eligible for OSAP, you may be able to access the Bursary for Students with Disabilities to help pay for an ADHD assessment and/or ADHD coaching.

Some key questions and answers:

What is the BSWD? It is a bursary available to full-time and part-time students with either a permanent or temporary disability who require education-related services or equipment.

What kind of “services or equipment” would the bursary cover? The funding could be used for services such as ADHD coaching, tutors, note-takers, technical aids, or even to cover the cost of an assessment or psycho-educational testing.

How much money is available? The bursary provides up to $2,000 per academic year.

When are applications available? Applications for the upcoming academic year are generally made available the April before the fall (September) term begins.

When is the deadline to apply? If you’re enrolled in a one-term study period you need to apply within 30 days of starting the term. If you’re enrolled in 2-3 terms, you must apply within 90 days of starting the first term.

Am I guaranteed to get the funding? No, although many students with disabilities are eligible for the bursary, you are not guaranteed to get it. There are some criteria that need to be met in your eligibility for OSAP in order to determine what you are eligible for with the BSWD.

How do I apply?

  1. Download the application form from the OSAP website: www.ontario.ca/osap
  2. Book an appointment with the centre for students with disabilities at your school for some assistance (every school has one)
  3. Complete the application form with a disability advisor

Particularly since not all students will be eligible for the BSWD, OSAP strongly recommends that you complete the application with the assistance of your school, so please do this.

You’ll need the disabilities office to fill out some of the form either way, so you might as well get them to help from day one. That’s what they’re there for right?


Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Get Updates

Email address:

Search Posts

Recent Posts

Archived Posts


Popular Tags

ADHD in the Workplace ADHD Medication ADHD Myths Assessment FAQ Back-to-School Books Coaching Communication and Relationships Complementary/Alternative Treatment Dealing with Setbacks Difficult behaviours Disclosing Focus and Staying on Task Forgetfulness Frequently Asked Questions Friendships and Social Skills Fun Challenges Golden Moments Help with Goal Setting Holidays and Time Off Impulsivity and Emotional Reactivity Inspiration Internal Restlessness Mental Health Mindfulness Money Management Nutrition and Eating Occupational Therapy Organization and Time Management Physical Activity Physical Health Psycho-educational assessments Research Resources Sleep Springboard Newsletter Stress and Anxiety Students Tips and Ideas Tools and Technology Videos